Highlights of WiX v3.0.4805.0
WiX v3.0.4805.0 was released on Friday, 5-December-08. You can download it from http://wix.sourceforge.net/releases/3.0.4805.0/ or from the WiX SourceForge.net releases page.
WiX v3.0.4805.0 is the WiX v3.0 “beta exit” build. We encourage all users to upgrade to this build for the latest fixes and to verify how ready WiX v3.0 is for release. For more information, see Rob’s announcement and my follow-up.
- I implemented 2230723: EventSource tag needs KeyPath attribute by adding support to let compiler extensions set the keypath of a component. I then changed the EventSource element in WixUtilExtension to use it and set a translated registry key as the component keypath.
- Rob added a GenerateIdentifier method to CompilerCore to let compiler extensions reliably generate stable identifiers.
- I added bind-time checking of the rules for generated component GUIDs.
- I added the SuppressLocalization .wixproj property to corresponding to Light’s –sloc switch.
- Aaron added documentation on how to use the WixUI_Advanced dialog set.
- Rob integrated updated localization strings.
- Rob fixed the certificate custom actions to leave private keys when they’re still being used.
- Jason fixed the HarvestProject item group in wix.targets to support harvesting from multiple projects.
- Eric cleaned up some of the command-line handling of the pre-Burn setup.exe chainer.
- Rob fixed a gnarly bug in SQL custom action string handling.
- I fixed 2203576: Modify Wix MSBuild paths.
- Mike fixed 2214222: Foreach statement preprocessing bug.
- Rob fixed 2219545: Allow IIS SiteId to be set to the IIS6 hash value.
- I fixed 2306759: wixout files are localised and can’t be re-localised.
- I fixed 2318617: doc section “How To: Generate a GUID” clarification needed.
- Dan fixed 2371536: light -fv fails on assemblies without AssemblyFileVersion.
- I fixed 2372781: Outputs with – (dash) in generate invalid identifiers.
- Heath fixed 2375069: NetFxExtension.wxs RegistrySearch isn’t set 64-bit.
- I fixed 2380330: IIs and Certificate documentation.
- I fixed 2390770: help page links to dead codeplex project.
- Rob fixed 2390789: Util:Group not documented.
- I fixed 2390796: Util:User.CanNotChangePassword not documented.
- I fixed 2390797: Util:User.Disabled not documented.
- I fixed 2390803: Util:User.Domain not documented.
- Heath fixed 2391643: Changes to ProductCode should be allowed in torch.