On 4 July 2016, the 240th anniversary of the approval and publication of the United States Declaration of Independence, the Juno spacecraft is scheduled to enter polar orbit around Jupiter and WiX v3.10.3 was released.
WiX v3.10.3 contains fixes for the regressions introduced in WiX v3.10.2 by the “clean room” technique that mitigates against Windows vulnerabilities that affect bundle executables.
The following bugs were fixed:
- layout: Default directory broken with clean room implementation. #5193 with fix by @jchoover
- WiX 3.10.1 failing to update to 3.10.2 #5234 with fix by @rseanhall
- New bootstrapper fails to run when performing an UpdateReplace #5238 with fix by @rseanhall
- Layout to custom directory doesn’t copy bundle payload #5277 with fix by @res2k
- System.ArgumentException: Font ‘?’ cannot be found. In the BootstapperApplication #5282 with fix by @robmen
- Regression in attached container issues in clean room #5301 with fix by @rseanhall
- Extra argument in burn command line #5302 with fix by @rseanhall
- Custom burn application throws exception when accessing .NET dll when uninstalling #5308 with fix by @rseanhall
Universe willing, WiX v3.10.3 is the final release of the WiX v3.10 series. Up next is WiX v3.11.
Rob also had words on this release.